Pin Header Connectors
The pin connectors includes several different connection modes. Typically, one side is a series of pin connector that are soldered to the PCB, which can be at right angles to the PCB surface (often referred to as “straight”) or parallel to the surface of the circuit board (confused known as “correct”). The connectors have various pitches and can have any number of pins.
Although there are many different types of pin connectors available, the following gives a brief summary of some of the more popular connector types:
- D-type this popular connector is quite powerful. It has a shell, its shape can be roughly equal to D. Have a variety of standard sizes for a given number of needles. 9 Road, 14 Road, 25 Road is the common size. Read more about D-type connectors
- DIN 41612 This type of connector provides multiple connections, usually 32,64 and so on. It consists of a rectangular plastic shell that connects together. It is widely used as a printed circuit board or card connector.
- Serial port connector: The connector is not physically shown on the circuit board shown – you can see its solder joints. It supports nine-pin connector RS-232 serial ports, usually as a stand, occupying the slot space on the back of the chassis.
- USB 2.0 front panel: These connectors are used to connect the front panel USB port on the PC chassis.
- 32-bit traditional PCI slot: now the classic 32-bit PCI slot since 1993 has been there.
- Eight-pin connector ATX12V (CPU power) connector: Pentium 4 processor after the first shipment, Intel realized that high-performance CPU needs its own clean, dedicated power, beyond the standard 24-pin connector power connector can provide the function.
|[FP410-1120-B04100A] 2.54mm pitch 4 pin female connector
|[FP410-1110-A06100A] 2.54mm pitch 6 pin female through hole connector
There are a variety of different types of connectors that can be used to manufacture and maintain equipment. Many connector types are available at a reasonable price, although some professional connectors can be very expensive. However, most of the types used in labs or home builders should be easy and inexpensive.