When it comes to online security and information safeguard,CFE cannot emphasize more of the importance and urgency especially in the times of our global progress.
During October 11th to October 17th,there are national cyber security advertising week,in aim of raising the awareness of keeping cautious and alert and also combating threats against networked systems and applications.
The forum of cyber and information security held by CFE on Oct. 14th have the same benefits,as a defence for any risks and crime to be committed almost anywhere and anytime during daily life and work.
What is cyber security?
Cyber security is the practice of protecting computers, servers, mobile devices, electronic systems, networks, and data from malicious attacks,which is also referred as information technology security or electronic information security.
Category of cyber Security
For any company ,the terms of Infrastructure Security describes the physical and cyber systems and assets that are so vital to the company that their incapacity or destruction would have a debilitating impact on physical or economic security .
Network security is a term that covers a multitude of technologies, devices and processes. In its simplest term, it is a set of rules and configurations designed to protect the integrity, confidentiality and accessibility of computer networks and data using both software and hardware technologies.
Information security, often referred to as InfoSec, refers to the processes and tools designed and deployed to protect sensitive business information from modification, disruption, destruction, and inspection.
Operations security is a process that identifies friendly actions that could be useful for a potential attacker if properly analyzed and grouped with other data to reveal critical information or sensitive data. Operations security uses countermeasures to reduce or eliminate adversary exploitation.
Disaster recovery and business continuity
Disaster recovery refers to the plans a business puts into place for responding to a catastrophic event, such as a natural disaster, fire, act of terror, active shooter or cybercrime.Business continuity presents exactly how a business will proceed during and following a disaster. It may provide contingency plans, outlining how the business will continue to operate even if it has to move to an alternate location.
When weighing up the biggest security hazards to an organisation, it may come as a surprise to discover that the end user within the organisation is often the first to compromise security.
Cyber Security Solutions
In the attitude of zero tolerance of CFE to cyber attack and information leakage,we outlined a number of solutions that can be adopted from several perspective to strengthen and upgrade our safety net and information pool.
- Implementing ISO/IEC 27001(INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM),providing requirements for an information security management system (ISMS)
- Cloud information Storage,integrate security tools to gain insights into threats across diverse, multicloud environments.
- AI and utilization of multi-source information feature,upgrading the scope and class of the coverage of information.
Personal Defense against cyberattacks
- Update your software and operating system: This means you benefit from the latest security patches.
- Use anti-virus software: Security anti-virus software will detect and removes threats. Keep your software updated for the best level of protection.
- Use strong passwords: Ensure your passwords are not easily guessable.
- Do not open email attachments from unknown senders: These could be infected with malware.
- Do not click on links in emails from unknown senders or unfamiliar websites:This is a common way that malware is spread.
- Avoid using unsecure WiFi networks in public places: Unsecure networks leave you vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks.
- Keep cautious when uploading personal information and photos on social media.